How to Stop Recurring BV Infections Permanently – Having this infection is not usually the main issue. In fact, in some cases, the infection goes away without you having to use any form of treatment. The problem usually arises when BV becomes chronic / recurrent: – what is usually called: recurrent bacterial vaginosis. But why is it so common for this infection vaginosis.after treatment?
The most common symptoms of recurrent bacterial vaginosis are:
- The infection repeats every 3-6 months
- The infection repeats before, during or after your menstrual cycle
- Strong fish smell, especially after intercourse.
- Irritation and discomfort around the vagin*l area.
- Vagin*l discharge that is gray or white in color.
- Pain during intercourse.
If at least three of the symptoms are present, the patient has a positive BV recurrent diagnosis. BV infection is known to increase a woman’s susceptibility to STDs, including AIDS. Other risks may include;
- Post-surgical infections.
- Spontaneous abortion.
- Low birth weight.
How Do I Stop Recurring Bacterial Vaginosis?
As stated earlier, most antibiotics will only be effective in the short term. So for a more permanent solution, you can follow the steps I have outlined below.
- You should use RepHresh vagin*l gel to help prevent recurring BV infections. This is a counter treatment that helps balance pH levels in the vagin*. This reduces the chances of BV recurring infections. The appropriate dosage for this treatment is once in 3 days especially after having your menstrual cycle or having intercourse.
- Follow a well-balanced diet. Diets that are high in sugars, white flour, processed foods and cholesterols are thought to encourage the growth of bacteria that cause recurrent BV. By eating foods that contain enough vitamins and minerals, you will boost your immune system and thus be able to fight off infections.
- Adoption of good hygiene practices. Clean your vaginal area every day. Do not wear clothes that are too tight or damp as this will only facilitate the growth of anaerobic bacteria in your vagina.
- Do not wash the vagin* with soaps or solutions of water, vinegar and baking powder scented. All these solutions will only cause an imbalance between the levels of bacteria in the vaginal area. Instead, when cleaning, you can use an apple cider solution with water. Apply this solution to your vagina and rinse with clean water. You can also apply vitamin E oil to the affected region.
- Make sure that you always have enough sleep and avoid stress. Research has revealed that stress usually weakens the immune system, so your body will not be effective in fighting infections.
- Adopt safe sex practices. This includes using protection during sex and not having multiple sexual partners. However, do not take birth control pills that can cause an imbalance in vaginal bacteria.
- You can use yogurt as a natural treatment. Eating around two glasses of yogurt a day is said to balance the bacteria in the vagin*. You can also soak a tampon in the yogurt and insert it directly into the vagina.
In addition to using yogurt, most of the steps I have described above usually involve you changing your lifestyle ie they are just preventative measures. If you have BV and you want a more permanent solution, I recommend using natural products like yogurt. However, most women complain that natural treatments are generally slow in treating BV. This is true, but if you look at the larger picture, natural treatments are more effective in stopping BV from recurring. Examples of other natural remedies include:
Garlic – This is a very effective bacterial vaginosis treatment because of its strong anti-fungal properties. Peel the garlic and cover it with sterile gauze and oiled with vegetable oil and then apply it in the vagin*. Eating raw garlic is also recommended.
boric acid and lemon – They will help maintain pH levels of the vagin*, thus minimizing the risk of infection.
You are also advised to go for regular medical check-ups, even if you do not have BV symptoms. This is because, in almost 85% of women with BV, symptoms do not manifest themselves. The reason for this is generally unknown. But always remember that natural cures are some of the most effective ways to get rid of recurrent bacterial vaginosis. Your lifestyle will also count.