Home Remedies to Cure Athletes Foot – In addition to using these remedies to prevent fungal growth, it is critical that we keep the affected region dry. We can apply talcum powder or bicarbonate to prevent excessive sweating.
Foot fungus is a very common condition. Although the name refers to a problem that only affects people who play sports, everyone can suffer from the disease.
In this article, you will know the best remedies to naturally treat athletes’ feet. So if you’re experiencing the problem, be sure to try out these options as soon as possible!
What to Know About Athletes Foot
The term doctors use is tinea pedis and is a recurring infection between the toes or the soles of the feet, but can also extend to other areas of the body such as the groin or hands. It is caused by a fungus that prefers hot and humid areas.
Therefore, the feet are the best environment for their proliferation.
The symptoms of athletes feet are:
- Unbearable itching
- Feeling and burning
- Bubble formation
- Skin dryness
- Desquamation of the skin
- Bad smell
- Pain when stretching fingers
The name “athletes foot” arose because it is a common illness in people who play sports and use the locker room or share the bathroom in clubs or academies. But if, for example, anyone not dry well between the toes of the feet after taking a shower may also contribute to the proliferation of these fungi.
The risk of suffering from fungi of this type increases by the following factors:
- Excessive sweating
- Use of non-cotton socks
- Footwear that does not let the foot breathe
- Fragile immune system
- Foot injuries
- Do not dry yourself well
- Leave your feet wet for many hours (for example, on a rainy day)
Men are more vulnerable to foot fungus than women, and as with other fungal problems, it can spread from finger to finger, from foot to foot, and also to other areas of the body.
It is important then to perform a good treatment to eradicate the athlete’s foot and not allow it to expand.
6 Remedies to Naturally Treat Athletes Foot
In addition to preventing the development of fungi, we can treat them when they appear. Some home options to eliminate athletes feet are:
The sachets we use to make a delicious infusion can help us to make fungi disappear from our fingers. Responsible for this is tannic acid, one of the components of tea.
It is a natural astringent that limits the proliferation of the athlete’s foot and keeps the feet free of moisture. To enjoy your benefits soak your feet in a bucket of water.
- 5 bags of black tea
- 1 liter of water
- Put the water to boil with tea bags in a pan, and after 5 minutes of boiling, remove from the heat.
- Cool completely and remove the pockets.
- Submerge your feet for half an hour.
- Dry your feet well with a towel.
- Repeat every morning and night for at least 1 month.
Tea Tree Oil
Tea Tree Oil is a potent antiseptic with antifungal properties. It does not allow the fungus to continue to grow and expand. A lotion is a good idea to take advantage of this oil.
- 1 tablespoon tea tree oil (16 g)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (25 g)
- Mix both oils and soak cotton.
- Rub between your fingers and do not rinse.
- Repeat twice a day for 4 weeks.
Salt has the ability to kill fungi and eliminate moisture in the feet (which helps the athlete’s foot expand through the feet). You can soak the affected region in a saltwater solution.
- 1 liter of water
- 6 tablespoons fine salt (60 g)
- Dilute the salt in the water (the water should be warm). Place in a suitable container.
- Soak your feet and leave for 10 minutes, or until the water cools.
- Dry well and apply talc or baking soda to keep your feet dry.
- Repeat several times a day for at least two weeks.
The active bacterial cultures present in this dairy are excellent for fighting fungi and bacterial infections. It is advisable to use natural yogurts with live active crops.
This home remedy can be used for athletes’ feet topically or internally. In the first case, apply one tablespoon of yogurt to your toes and let it dry. Rinse with warm water. Repeat twice a day.
If you prefer, consume it by fasting and overnight before going to bed.
The acids present in the vinegar are very useful to help fight the fungus in the feet as it vita that spreads to other fingers or body parts and removes extra moisture, speeding up the healing process.
- ¼ liter of vinegar (250 ml)
- ¾ liter of water (750 ml)
- Mix the vinegar with the warm water, put it in a container, and dip the feet.
- Leave on for 15 minutes and repeat this treatment one to two times a day.
- Dry thoroughly and continue for at least a full week.
The antifungal components of garlic make it an excellent remedy for treating fungi. In addition to adding some raw garlic cloves to your meals, it is also possible to do external treatments to take advantage of its antibacterial and antimicrobial properties.
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 drops of olive oil
- Soak the garlic and add the olive oil to create a paste.
- Apply to the affected regions and let it act for half an hour.
- Remove with warm soapy water and neutral white soap.
- Dry well. Repeat every day for two weeks.