The diet for gastritis and ulcer is based on natural foods, rich in fruits, vegetables and whole foods, and poor in industrialized and processed products like sausage, fried foods and soft drinks.
This diet facilitates the digestion process, causing food to pass quickly through the stomach, preventing stomach acid from being released in excess, causing heartburn, pain and worsening of the ulcer.
The foods allowed in the gastritis diet are those that are easily digested and low in fat, such as:
- Fruits in general , avoiding acidic fruits like lemon, orange and pineapple, if reflux or pain appear when consuming these foods;
- Vegetables in general , you can use cooked vegetables during periods of crisis and pain, because they are easier to digest;
- Lean , lean , chicken and fish, preferably roasted, grilled or cooked;
- Skim milk ;
- Integrated natural yogurt ;
- Whole grains , such as brown bread, brown rice and whole noodles;
- Teas except green, matte and black tea, or others that have caffeine;
- Decaffeinated coffee ;
- White cheeses such as ricotta, fresh mines or curd light;
- Natural spices such as fine herbs, garlic, onion, parsley, coriander, mustard.
- Drinking ginger tea also improves digestion and decreases heartburn and nausea
Prohibited foods are those that are difficult to digest and are highly processed because they are rich in additives and preservatives that irritate the stomach, such as:
- Processed meats : sausage, sausage, bacon, ham, turkey breast, salami, mortadella;
- Yellow and processed cheeses such as cheddar, catupiry, mines and provolone;
- Sauces ready ;
- Seasonings in cubes , broths of meat and instant noodles;
- Frozen ready-made food and fast food;
- Beverages : soft drinks, ready-made juices, coffee, see tea, matte tea, black tea;
- Alcoholic beverages ;
- Sugar and sweets in general;
- Refined foods and fried foods , such as cakes, white bread, savory biscuits;
- White flour, such as farofa, tapioca and, in some cases, couscous;
- Foods high in fat such as fatty meats, chicken skin, liver and excess fatty fish such as salmon and tuna.
In addition, whole milk and acidic fruits such as lemon, orange and pineapple should also be avoided if symptoms of heartburn or stomach pain occur after consumption.
The diet for gastritis, although it does follow some rules, can present many variations, depending on the tolerance of each patient. So the list above is just a guide. In addition, if gastritis appears mainly in times of stress or tension, it may be a sign of nervous gastritis.
Diet Menu for Gastritis and Ulcer
The following table provides an example of a 3-diet menu for the treatment of gastritis and ulcer:
|Meal||Day 1||Day 2||Day 3|
|Breakfast||watermelon juice + 1 slice whole wheat bread with light curd and egg||1 cup of decaffeinated coffee + 2 scrambled eggs with fresh minas cheese + 2 slices of papaya||strawberry vitamin with skim milk + 1 slice of bread with cheese mines|
|Morning snack||1 apple + 5 cashew nuts||1 mashed banana with 1 tablespoon of oatmeal||1 glass of green juice|
|Lunch dinner||4 tablespoons brown rice + steamed vegetables + boiled chicken breast with tomato sauce||1 serving of roasted fish in the oven with potatoes, tomatoes, onions and a string of olive oil||pasta with tuna and pesto sauce + green salad|
|Afternoon snack||natural whole yogurt + 1 tablespoon of honey + 1 tablespoon of oats||Papaya vitamin with skim milk||decaffeinated coffee + 2 slices whole wheat bread with light curd and egg|
Learn more about what to eat in the gastritis in the video: