Abdominal Pain Worse when Lying Down – There are many occasions where you can experience abdominal pain only at night, while during the day there is no evidence of this hassles. Almost everyone at some point in time in your life can be a victim of the stomach, which can range from mild to severe. What begins as a mild pain in the stomach region can increase strength if ignored. The pain in the abdominal region can be made to the established organisms or may be irradiated to the abdomen to other parts of the body. The abdominal pain may be generalized or localized to the factor that causes the same.
Possible causes of abdominal pain
There are many causes of abdominal pain, some of which can be treated with the help of home remedies, while others may need medical intervention. It is essential to relieve abdominal pain, as this may cause a lot of discomforts, and also an obstacle for routine activities. These are some of the possible causes of why some people may suffer from stomach pain.
- Indigestion is one of the most common complaints about people of all ages. This lower abdominal pain can occur after eating when the stomach is unable to digest the foods stored in the gut, causing swelling and pain.
- Another reason that can lead to abdominal pain is constipation. This condition is the result of improper bowel movements, and also because of the lack of a proper diet. Stool can harden due to dehydration and lack of fiber, which gives them volume and make it difficult for them to pass out of the body. The evacuation while constipation can cause pain in the lower abdomen and lower back. This condition can also become chronic in the absence of adequate treatment.
- Food allergies (such as gluten and lactose intolerance) and food poisoning can also lead to pain in the abdominal region. Food allergy can arise when the body does not accept a particular food and reacts to it, causing other symptoms such as nausea induced vomiting, fever, headache and abdominal pain. Food poisoning can be caused by infection by parasites such as Salmonella or Shigella food. It can likewise be caused by a viral infection known as gastroenteritis or stomach flu.
- Diverticulitis is a condition in which the intestine is infected, swollen due to an increase in pressure in the intestine, or when food is trapped in the colon. This can also cause symptoms of inflammation and exhibits such as abdominal pain, change in bowel habits, and nausea.
- An inflamed appendix or appendicitis due to a bacterial or viral infection is also one of the factors for abdominal pain and cramps. This pain is usually dominant right lower abdomen. This condition requires immediate medical attention because if the appendix rupture can lead to complications that can be fatal.
- Other reasons to be upset stomach during the night, which can persist even during the day, GERD can cause stomach ulcers, gallstones, kidney stones, pelvic inflammatory disease and Crohn’s disease. In women, abdominal pain, accompanied by pain, especially experienced during menstrual cycles, or if the woman suffers from endometriosis.
Treatment options for abdominal pain
Since abdominal pain is quite uncomfortable, people tend to experience a number of home remedies just to get relief from this condition. Herbal teas will help ease cramps and relieve pain. Drink plenty of water and fluids, and including foods high in fiber in the diet is a way to get rid of constipation. You can also try over the counter medications and antacids to get relief from this painful condition. In case of serious problems, it is recommended a visit to a health professional. Your doctor can treat it according to his complaint and prescribe the proper medication. In some cases, such as appendicitis or abdominal aortic aneurysms, surgery may be required.
Abdominal pain warning at night and during the day can be a sign of an underlying health condition all changes must be reported to a health care before it’s too late.